Monday, June 30, 2008

Once again, it's hard to know where the time has gone. I've been horrible about keeping up on this blog, but have wanted to keep it so that we can look back on our trip to China and the addition of such a wonderful part of our family. With two teenager, a toddler, a traveling husband and one old grandpa to take care of, life gets crazy sometimes. I'm going to work on moving some stuff onto this blog to kind of catch up on the last few years. I've kept a few e-mails here and there with Susanna stories that I'll try to post soon. I'm going to move a few stories from my space, just so I have them all in one place. Here are a few of the most recent ones:

March 11, 2008 Please, mama, please..... Can I have a baby sister, please, please, please, can I have a baby sister, mama, please.......
I have been listening to this mantra for the last five minutes. In the last few months, three of the seven little girls who came home together from the Yangjiang orphanage have returned to China with their families to pick up the dreaded "baby sister". Not the baby sister is dreaded in any way by the families, in fact it is quite the opposite, she is much anticipated, loved and wanted. No, it is to me she is dreaded because of the previously described discussion. In November, Kathryn traveled to China to be united with Kimberly and we eagerly followed their blog while they were gone. Sanna wanted a baby sister then but I patiently explained to her that she had big brothers and Kathryn didn't have big brothers. Ruby and her sister Lily traveled to China in December to get baby sister May and they didn't have a blog to follow, so I thought the issue was settled. Tonight, I showed her the blog of her friend Zoe who met her baby sister Phoebe just 2 days ago in China and found out that the issue wasn't quite as settled as I thought. Forget about the fact that she has brothers, forget all the paperwork and approvals needed, forget the months and months of waiting and the uncertainty of international adoption. She wants to go to China tonight after supper. If only it were that simple. It doesn't matter to her that our house is full and our checkbook empty or that the wait for a baby from China is now approaching 4 years and the rules have changed and we would no longer qualify. Just get going after supper and get her that baby sister. Oh, the faith of a child.....

2 Comments:

At December 26, 2009 at 7:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey very nice blog!! Man .. Beautiful .. Amazing .. I will bookmark your blog and take the feeds also...

 
At January 8, 2010 at 1:46 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home