Monday, June 30, 2008

Yes, she’s very sweet, but.....

Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Yesterday was one of those challenging days with Miss Sanna. Joe had a doctor’s appt. at 1:45 and so we picked him up from school and headed out to the clinic. I didn’t really think about it being naptime because she really is lucky if she takes a nap once a week. Joe has always had a problem with his knees hurting and we’ve always thought it was growing pains. However this last winter, it has escalated quite a bit and he finally said he was ready to go get it checked out. We did ok with the initial visit to the doctor (mainly because it’s a family practice and the nurse was wise enough to put us in a room with toys). However as we went to the lab for blood tests, Sanna started to get a bit fidgety and just a bit headstrong. (I guess I should have noticed but my mind was more on Joe than Sanna at that time). When the labs were done, we went down the hall to x-ray, where Joe provided a buffer between us until he was called back. That was when it all began. She saw the water cooler. She wanted a drink, which I was ok with even though she was a bit demanding and rude about it. I told her to sit on the chair and I would bring her a drink. So she did, she drank it and wanted more but wanted to get it herself. I suppose I should have picked my battles but like I said my mind was elsewhere and I told her that only mommies could use the water cooler. She was ok with that. Then it happened. Another little boy came in with his mom. He was allowed to help his mom get his drink. I could feel the little wheels turning in her head even though I was not meeting her eyes since that would be admitting defeat. Sigh. She gave me the cup and said she was full, she didn’t want to finish the drink. Ok, I drank the rest. Hmmmm, cup is empty now, she notices and thinks now she’s very thirsty and she needs to go get her own drink. I never realized how long it takes to take x-rays before. By the time Joe got done she was howling and falling apart. Joe tries to get her attention but she’s not having it, the only one who can hold her is mama. We go back to the dr.’s office where the nurse thinks she’s fallen down and hurt herself and I have to explain, no, she just didn’t get her way; another lady sitting in the hall with her kids is snickering and I just want to take her home and get her to bed. So I take Joe back to school to pick up his truck, school is just getting out, Jason wants to stay and lift weights. Since I do have some errands I tell him ok, but Sanna is still having issues so Joe says he’ll take her home in his truck. Joe also has to give a friend a ride to the base and I am feeling sorry for both of them having to ride with Sanna. I guess after the friend gets out, Sanna turned to Joe and said I don’t LIKE him. Joe asks her why and she says BECAUSE I SAID SO. By the time I got home from errands, she had had her nap and was her usual sweet self. Thank goodness. The good news is Joe’s knees look good, they don’t think he has arthritis. They think his high arches and the way he walks puts pressure on his knees. So we have another appt. with a foot doctor on April 14 and I am hoping grandpa can babysit.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home